Tuesday, February 10, 2009

O Captain!

According to an article on ESPN.com, Jeter isn't fielding -- among other things -- questions on Alex Rodriguez until "everybody is [there]." I guess every member of the press who might feel like asking Derek Jeter about Alex Rodriguez had better get on the same page.

Perhaps I'm nitpicking, but I can't help myself here (this is from the article):

"I'm not addressing Alex's situation until everybody is here," Jeter said Tuesday after working out at the Yankees' minor league complex. "If you've got baseball questions, I'll do that."

My only question for Jeter, were I to be a member of the media collective he seems to think should assemble before he should speak, would be this:

"How are questions about your teammate's admitted use of performance enhancing drugs anything but baseball questions?"

No comments:

Post a Comment