Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Con Text

Robert discovered a new toy today. Naturally, rather than subject photographs of himself to the machine's dark will, he tossed my visage into its invisible crunching gears, and the results were this:




At least he used a picture of me that I actually rather like.

Things have been racing along in regard to correspondence with my mother's family. So much so that I'll be going meet some of them next weekend. And so much so that pictures have been exchanged.

I provided my mother with three pictures of which she could send her favorite. My sister then decided to pick one she had of me on her computer -- as she was helping my mother do the attachments for the e-mail -- and for some reason no one has been able to tell me what picture it was, nor can anyone find the sent e-mail or send me a copy.

I wish I knew which photo was provided, and I cannot deny that I'm fairly annoyed that I had no say in the decision of what one photo to send of me to the family I've never met. It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't know for a fact that my sister genuinely thought I looked my best when I was two hundred and ten pounds.

This creates the hilarious potential that I will meet people for the first time and have them react as though I've just been announced as the winner of "The Biggest Loser."

No comments:

Post a Comment